...and with it apples, carrots, tomatoes and pumpkins are ready for the taking. I wouldn’t be so bold as to create a baby food puree with a combo of all of these, but I think a pairing of apples and carrots would do the trick.
- 3 small Apples (about 2 cups sliced)
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- Yes, that’s it
- Peel and chop carrots and peel, core and slice apples.
- Place chopped carrots in steamer set over boiling water and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add in apple slices and continue to steam for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl to use hand held blender to puree. Add in 4 tbsps. of the cooking water and puree to a smooth consistency.
- Transfer puree to a container to go in the fridge to use within 48 hours, or to freezer trays to keep in the freezer to use within 3 months.